Friday 3 February 2017

Feb 3rd Bus to New Delhi

After breakfast, I spent the afternoon with my cousin Vineeta, who I hadn't seen since I was around 12 years old, and her husband, Rajiv. We visited a fantastic South Indian restaurant, and then it was a race against time to catch the bus back to New Delhi. They had booked me on a Volvo bus, which are a bit more expensive and a lot more comfortable than the regular buses. But the bus got caught up in the most horrendous traffic getting into New Delhi, and arrived around 3 hours late.

This time i'd got a hotel room quite near to the airport as my flight to Kathmandu was the following day. The autorickshaw driver got lost, but eventually located the cheap hotel, but hugely unimpressed with both Trailfinders, who i'd paid for the trek, and GAdventures who were delivering it in failing to send me proper information that I finally received at about 1am by email on the night before my flight for Kathmandu, and this was after numerous email exchanges. Not great!

The following morning, I got a taxi to New Delhi airport for the flight to Kathmandu.

No comments:

Post a Comment